I installed the latest Netbeans and did not find any PHP project templates to create a PHP project.
When I checked the New project options, It contains all standard web and maven application options.
This tutorial explains how to add Php support and create a PHP project in Netbeans. It is easy to add Php support via PHP Plugins.
by adding PHP support to Netbeans, Developer has required tools such as an Editor, debugger, and documentation for PHP application development.
How to add PHP Support in Netbeans
To add Php Support to Netbeans, Please follow the below steps
- In Netbeans Editor, Select the
- It opens Plugins Window Dialog
- Select the
- Select Configuration of Update Centers dropdown with the value
Netbeans Distributionoption checked if already not checked.
- Next, Go to the Available Plugins Tab
- You will see a lot of plugins for PHP frameworks such as PHP, Zend Framework, CakePHP Framework, etc.
- Checked the
PHPoption plugin, It provides tools for PHP editor, debugger, etc.
- Click on the
Installoption, it installs PHP and its dependencies ApiGen, and PHP Static Analysis.
- Restart IDE to complete installation.
- Now, able to create PHP Projects
How to create a PHP project in Netbeans
Once the PHP plugin is added to Netbeans, You are able to see PHP application options in Netbeans.
To create a PHP project, please follow the below steps
- Select File Menu + Select New Project ( or use shortcut command
Ctrl + Shift + N)
- It Opens the New Project window dialog, Select the following
PHPin Categories on the left side, Right side, Select
- Next, Enter the following
- Project Name:
- sources Folder: newly created project location to save
- Optionally, You can choose the PHP version and encoding
- Next, you can also choose PHP frameworks
- Project Name:
- Click Finish, It creates a PHP application
- It loads the PHP app in Netbeans.
- Now, you are ready to work on the PHP application