YAML - Introduction
This tutorial covers YAML tutorials, examples , advantages and disadvantages.
Important points - It is case sensitive - file extension is .yaml - Tabs are not allowed, - Some editors allows spaces
Advantages of yaml
- It is very easy and simple for represent complex mapping
- Human friendly readable and writable
- Simple to modify with any text editor
- Suitable for configuration settings
- Support for major programming languages
Disadvantages of yaml
- It is new format introduced recently, learning curve exists.
- Not much popular other than xml and json
- YAML has meaning for
yaml file extension
yaml files are created with extension
You can use any IDE or text editor to open this file.
All the popular IDE supports the yaml file extension and also provides plugins to validate the yaml file content.
MIME format type - text/yaml
There is no office MIME type for yaml document content as per IANA, but it can be represented using
When yaml data is transfered between client and server,Implementation vendors add MIME type settings specified in request and response across internet. Content-Type and accept headers in a request object are specified with this format following is the mime type for this documents
and request contains the below value for yaml data sending over the internet
Content-type : text/yaml