This tutorial explains How to improve pycharm performance to load faster and improve developer experience.
Pycharm Performance Improvement
The following tips are helpful to load and improve the performance of Pycharm IDE.
First, Try to improve RAM as Pycharm loads the resources into Memory. More memory is required. The default RAM required is 4GB RAM. Try to increase to 8GM memory or more.
Pycharm allocates some memory by default. These settings are HEAP memory. The default is 2048MB. We can change this by below steps.
- Help -> Change Memory Settings
- Memory Settings Window shown with the below options
- Maximum Heap Size : 2048MB
- Change this value to 4096MB, This settings are saved to
- Restart IDE to take
This also helps to solve low-memory issues.
Pycharm Caching It caches a Temporary index to improve performance. Due to crashes or other issues, this cache can be corrupted, thus causing index issues and slowing the IDE. To solve this, Clear the cache using the below steps
- Go to File
- Invalidates Cache Options
- It opens the Invalidate Cache Window
- Check the below options
- Clear file system cache and Local History
- Clear VCS Log Caches and Indexes
- Delete embedded browser engine cache and cookies
- Click on Invalidate and Restart button
- It restarts and builds the cache fresh.
Show Memory usage and sweeps
A nice feature to show memory usage
- File -> Settings Settings window shown - Appearance -> Check Show memory indicator - Memory bar shown at bottom right corner with heap size details
Check Power Saver Mode.
Go to the File menu and Select Power Saver mode, It disables inspection and code compilation. To invoke manually, Use the shortcut command
Ctrl + Space
Disable Unused plugins