This tutorial explains how to install Perl on Windows
Perl provides two versions of binaries
ActiveStatePerl: It has two flavors, the Commerical and Community versions of Perl
StrawberryPerl: It is 100% open-source Perl available for Windows.
This tutorial uses the Strawberry Perl version for setup and installation in Windows.
How to Install Perl on Windows?
To Install on Windows, please follow the below steps
- First, Go to here, Download binary for your windows version.
- Downloaded the
strawberry-perl-188.8.131.52-64bit.msifile into my file system.
- Click on this, and follow the steps
- Select the destination folder as
A:\Strawberry\, It installs and copies all Perl binaries code here.
- Next, Click on the
- Once installed successfully, Click on the Finish button.
- To check whether Perl is installed or not, Open the terminal or command line
- Run the ‘perl -v` command to know the version installed
C:\>perl -v This is Perl 5, version 32, subversion 1 (v5.32.1) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread Copyright 1987-2021, Larry Wall Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit. Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on this system using "man Perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.
How do I download Perl on Windows?
Perl provides the files on binary files, which you can download from here](https://strawberryperl.com/), to download the binary for your windows version.