Notepad++ is a popular source code and text editor and is free to use on Windows.
It is a written C++ language. It supports only Windows and does not support Linux, or macOS.
Notepad ++ features
- Syntax color highlight
- Find and replace all in file
- Supports multiple tabs
- I18 support for languages
- Themes, Icons, and colors
- Display terminal/console and other features by installing plugins
- Merge and append lines
- Code folding
- Pretty print and beautify file types via plugins
Notepad++ Advantages or Pros
- It is a free and opensource source code text editor
- Automatic saving of files
- Syntax Highlighting
- Folding editor content
- Nice Customizable GUI
- Tabbed interface with multiple files opened
- Backup of unsaved files, Restore and recover unsaved files
- Easily add new features with plugin support
- Support code format and syntax for multiple languages
- Handles Large and big-size files very well while opening and updating them.
Notepad++ Disadvantages or Cons
- It supports Windows, Not Linux
- The terminal for developer support is not productive
- Code linters are limited support
- It is only a source code editor, not an IDE feature-rich
Is Notepad++ better than Notepad?
Notepad is a default editor, installed with Windows OS installation. Notepad++ is a third-party opensource editor with a full-featured and plugin-based extension. Notepad++ is always better to learn and easy of doing formatting, and code style colors for developers
Is Notepad++ good for coding?
Notepad++ is good for coding for basic tasks such as Code styles, formatting, and viewing large files. It also provides an auto-completion feature for developers and supports a lot of language features.
Can you write Python in Notepad++?
Notepad++ is extendable using plugins. Python has a plugin, that can install it and use it for edit, view, and code formatting features. You can also run using the terminal plugin.
How do I use Notepad++ on Windows 10?
To use notepad++ in windows, please follow the below steps
- Download it from
- It downloads the installer file
- Install and follow the steps