What is the shortcut way to search for methods in Visual Studio?
VSCOde Search methods in single or multiple files.
There are multiple ways to search files Using Symbol search
- Go to Symbol Search using the below shortcut
Oin Mac OS
- It opens the Symbol Search popup
- In the search box that starts with
@and type string, String is method or class, interface, variable names
- This Search method and others in a Currently opened file
Here is a shortcut to search methods for the files
Another way is to search All files in the project.
- use command
- Opens popup with a search box
#and method name
- It lists out all matched method names and selects the method name
The third way, using another shortcut
- Type string with
- you can give strings as functions, methods, variables, constants, interfaces, or classes.
Another way, using
- Select the file you want to see the methods
The left sidebar shows a tab
Outlinethat lists out all methods of an opened class.
- Select the method you want to open