In this short tutorial, We will look into How to install Ocaml on Linux.
OCaml installation contains Code compiler OCaml code and environment for code running.
OCaml provides distribution as packages in Linux machines.
CentOS The following prerequisites required
Need root access
rpm installer required to install libraries
How to install Ocaml compiler in Linux
To install OCaml on Linux machine, please follow the below steps.
- First Find out machine distribution, Mine is OpenSuSE
- Go to link , Download your machine distribution rpm. ocaml-4.14.0-2.2.i586.rpm
- install using the below command
rpm -i ocaml-4.14.0-2.2.i586.rpm
- It Installs to OCaml to
- Check whether OCaml is installed or not using the below command
It prints the version installed 4.14. ocamlc is a Objective caml compiler.
Uninstall OCaml on Linux machine
To uninstall OCaml in Linux, please follow the below steps.
- Run the below command to know the installed package name
rpm -qa | grep ocaml
It returns the package name, and name of OCaml with the version
-Next step, Uninstall OCaml using the below command
rpm -e ocaml-4.14.0-2.2.i586