This guide shows you how to install Julia on Windows OS.
How to install Julia on Windows OS?
Please follow the below steps to set up and install Julia on window OS.
- First, Go to here and select 64 or 32-bit based on your machine.
- Download Julia-x.x.x-win64.exe into a local folder, where x.x.x is a current stable release
- Click on exec file, installs to the
- It installs the Julia folder by following the next steps.
- While installation of Julia, You can select
Add Julia to PATH, which adds to the environment variable
- You can add environment variables in Windows
- Open the command prompt and type
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.21996.1] (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\abc>julia _ _ _ _(_)_ | Documentation: https://docs.julialang.org (_) | (_) (_) | _ _ _| |_ __ _ | Type "?" for help, "]?" for Pkg help. | | | | | | |/ _` | | | | |_| | | | (_| | | Version 1.8.5 (2023-01-08) _/ |\__'_|_|_|\__'_| | Official https://julialang.org/ release |__/ | julia>
Julia is REPL interactive session where you can run Julia programming code interactively
Here is an example
julia> 3*3 9 julia> ans 9
Uninstall Julia on Windows
Please follow the below steps to uninstall Julia on window OS.
Programs and Features and selectAdd or remove programs
- Select Julia and right click on it, select Uninstall
- Follow the steps to uninstall from Windows