Tutorial explains about how to write F# hello world first sample program, How to compile and run the F3 code
F Sharp Hello World example
Following are steps to write a Hello World First Program in F#
- Open Notepad and copy following lines of code and save the file as
// Hello.fs // FSharp Hello WOrld program printfn "Hello, World Welcome to my site"
- F# code is written with a file of extension
- Following is comments. Comment starts with
//followed by comment string
- Comments are ignored by compiler during programming execution, It is for developer readability
// Hello.fs // FSharp Hello WOrld program
- Next line, print the string to console using
printfn "Hello, World Welcome to my site"
printfn function prints the string to console.