Java11 is the latest new version released by oracle in March 2022.
It is also called Java SE Platform with Version 11.
- Added new methods to String classes
- Added new File methods: readString and writeString
- toArray method to java.util.collections
- not method added to Predicate interface
- using var keyword in Lambda expressions
- Http Client improved by support HTTP/ 1.1 and HTTP/1.2
- Javac is not required to compile files, you can use java to compile and run the code
- Removed and deprecated modules
- JEP 332: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3- Epsilon Garbage Collector
- Low-Overhead Heap Profiling using JMTI
- Flight Recorder is implemented in OpenJDK
- JEP 320: Remove the Java EE and CORBA Modules
What is the latest version of Java 2018?
java 11 or jdk11 is the latest version released in September 2018.
You can download from here