This series of posts talks about Learning Astro JS with examples.
What is Astro JS
It supports following types
- Static Site Generators (SSG)
- Server Side Rendering (SSR)
It help developers to develop static sites rapidly and based on any language of your choice such as React, Typescript, VueJS and SvelteKit frameworks.
Is Astro JS open source?
Is Astro only for static sites?
Astro Supports Static site generators as well as Server side rendering. It is popular for blogs and API documentation websites.
Is Astro full stack?
Astro JS is a not full static, but It builds and generates content based pages such as blogs and documentation sites, supports Server side rendering. It only Supports frontend with SSG and SSR and not supports to interact with backend database.
Astro components Extension
All the components written in Astro with
Astro supported languages
Astro is not tied to one UI language, You can choose any framework such as React,Preact,Vue and svelteKit and it is UI agonistic.
It means you can reuse components from other frameworks to build faster.
- What is Astro JS good for?
Astro js is to build, develop and deploy static sites and generates html files from a different sources such as markdown json files
- Supports Server Side rendering
- Easy to learn and build pages
- Not tied to Single UI framework and reuse other framework UI components
- Island Architecture based on partial Hydration for Interactive UI
- Reusable Components
- Bring your own frameworks
- Integration with build, language,CSS and assets tools
- It does not suite for Multiple page Applications
- Not suitable for complex dynamic applications