Python is a high-level, open-source, and Cross-platform programming language, that contains features.
- Interpreted language: Every time program code is changed, it parses, interprets, and executes. It is a reverse of compiled programming language.
- Supports, Functional, Structural and Object-Oriented
- Support for interactive mode for testing, and debugging language features
- Supports all platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS
- Extendable with free opensource packages or libraries
Python was released in 1991, and the current version is 3.11.5. It is maintained by the Python Software Foundation (https://python.org).
What is Python
python language is a popular open source Dynamic programming language, that supports the following programming paradigms.
- Procedure Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Functional Programming
To learn Python programming, You need to have any basic programming experience.
There are currently two versions of Python.
- Python 2.x
- Python 3.x
Python file extension
Python code created in any text editor. The extension is
For example, If the filename is
hello.py, then this file contains Python code to compile
Python Version History
|Version 3.12||not released|
|Version 3.11||Dec 2022|
|Version 3.10||Oct 2022|
|Version 3.5||Dec 2015|
|Version 3.0||Dec 2008|
|Version 2.7||July 2010|
|Version 2.6||Oct 2008|
|Version 2.5||Sep 2006|
|Version 2.0||Jan 2000|
|Version 1.6||Sep 2000|
|Version 1.5||Dec 1997|
|Version 1.0||Jan 1994|
What is the latest Python version
As of September 2023, the Current Version of Python is 3.11.5 You can check here for more
Python Uses in Real-time Applications
Python language is used in different types of applications.
- Web Applications using Flask and Django Framework
- Big Data app development
- Scientific Analysis and computations using