Smart Contract is a code that executes in a blockchain node and works independently.
You can develop a smart contract in the following languages.
Smart Contract features:
- Decentralized: The code executes in blockchain nodes. So It runs in decentralized nodes
- Independent: Executes independently
Smart Contract Advantages:
- Secured data with blockchain protocols
- Data will not be lost as it saves a copy of data in multiple nodes in the blockchain network
- Automatically do what it wants to do
- Contract code and data is immutable, Once the contract is deployed, Changes to the contract is difficult and maintenance is difficult
- TestNet for testing contract code in the fake blockchain network