This is an index page for Operating Systems.
Operating System are software or programs that manage hardware components and software program, provides runtime environment to run other programs and end users
It manages all Pieces of software on any device.
Each device must runs on Operating Systems
Operating Systems examples
Below diagram shows OS examples
- Developed by Microsoft based on GUI,
- Runs on Laptop and desktops,
- Used for Personal, Workstation Server
- Developed by Red hat Linux, based on GUI and Command line.
- Runs on Desktops and Laptop.
- Used for Personal, Business Work server, and Server hosting.
- Developed by Apple,
- Runs on Laptops, Desktops,
- Used for personal and development servers.
- Developed by Google,
- Runs on Mobiles and tablets.
- Used for running apps on Small Devices such as phones, tablets and watches.
- iOS :
- Developed by Apple
- Runs on phones, pads and watches
- Used for running on iPhone, iPad and touch screens
- Others - Unix, Ubuntu, Symbian, Chrome OS, Firefox OS